LegenDay Silicone Dog Tag
A silicone dog tag is a type of identification tag or label designed for dogs. It’s typically made from silicone rubber, a durable and flexible material. These dog tags serve various purposes, such as providing essential information about the dog and its owner, promoting pet safety, and serving as a fashion accessory.
As a professional silicone dog tag manufacturer, we supply customization service for your specific need of different design, color and shapes. What’s more, your logo or text can be debossed or screen printed on a custom silicone dog tag with any color.
Common Features and Uses of Silicone Dog Tags
- Identification: Silicone dog tags often include vital information about the dog, such as its name, owner’s contact information (phone number and address), and sometimes medical information like allergies or special needs. This information helps in reuniting a lost dog with its owner.
- Safety: Dog tags contribute to the safety of the pet by ensuring that anyone who finds a lost dog can easily contact the owner. This can help prevent accidents and ensure a quick return home for the dog.
- Durability: Silicone is a durable material that can withstand various environmental conditions, including exposure to water, sunlight, and rough play. Silicone dog tags are less likely to corrode or wear out over time compared to traditional metal tags.
- Flexibility: Silicone tags are flexible and lightweight, making them comfortable for dogs to wear. They are less likely to make noise or irritate the dog compared to metal tags.
- Customization: Silicone dog tags come in a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes, allowing for customization and personalization. Some owners choose to include fun or decorative elements on the tags.
- Fashion: Beyond their practical purposes, silicone dog tags can also serve as a fashion accessory for dogs. They can be coordinated with a dog’s collar or used to express the owner’s style.
- Medical Alert Tags: In addition to basic identification, silicone dog tags can be used to alert others to a dog’s specific medical conditions, such as diabetes or epilepsy, which may require special care or attention.
- Promotion: Some organizations, businesses, or events use silicone dog tags as promotional items. They may feature a logo, slogan, or message related to a cause or event.
Silicone dog tags offer a modern and practical alternative to traditional metal tags. They are suitable for all types of dogs, from family pets to working dogs, and are often chosen for their durability, comfort, and versatility.
LegenDay silicone dog tags are produced use of environmentally friendly, BPA-free, LFGB or FDA standard silicone material. Rest assured they are recyclable and sustainable. Our silicone dog tags are waterproof, quick-dry, easy-clean, and antibacterial. Reduces pollution and stress, save the trees, and save the earth from disposable plastic.
How Legenday Custom Silicone Dog Tags?
Making silicone dog tags involves creating custom designs, molding the silicone, and adding identification information or other details. Here’s a basic overview of how to make silicone dog tags:
- Silicone Rubber: You’ll need silicone rubber that’s safe for use with pets and conforms to relevant safety standards.
- Mold: Create a mold for your dog tags. You can use a pre-made silicone mold or make a custom mold using silicone putty or a similar material.
- Design: Plan the design of your dog tags. Take into account the form, dimensions, and any embellishments you intend to incorporate.
- Identification Information: Decide what information you want to include on the tags, such as the dog’s name, owner’s contact information, or medical details. You can engrave or imprint this information onto the tags.
- Colorants and Additives (optional): If you want to add color to your silicone tags, you can use silicone-safe pigments or dyes. You may also consider adding texture or decorative elements using additives.
- Create the Mold:
If using a pre-made mold, skip to the next step.
If making a custom mold, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for creating a silicone mold using mold putty or a similar material. Ensure it’s the right size and shape for your dog tags.
- Prepare the Silicone Rubber:
Mix the silicone rubber. This typically involves combining the silicone base with a curing agent in the correct ratio.
If adding color or texture, incorporate the colorants or additives into the silicone mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Inject Silicone into the Mold:
Meticulously dispense or infuse the prepped silicone rubber blend into the mold, ensuring it completely and uniformly occupies the mold cavity.
- Add Identification Information:
If you’re including identification information on the tag, you can either engrave it into the silicone while it’s still soft or add an identification tag or plate to the silicone tag after it has cured.
- Cure the Silicone:
Allow the silicone to cure. Usually, this entails allowing it to remain untouched for a designated duration at the prescribed temperature.
- Remove the Tags from the Mold:
Once the silicone has undergone curing and becomes fully solid, delicately extract the dog tags from the mold. Be gentle to avoid damaging the tags.
- Inspect and Finish:
Check the tags for any imperfections, and trim or clean up any excess silicone if necessary.
If you’ve added an identification plate, attach it securely to the silicone tag.
- Attach to a Collar:
To make the dog tag functional, attach it to a dog collar using a sturdy attachment method, such as a split ring or a carabiner.
By following these steps, you can create custom silicone dog tags with the design and information that best suits your pet’s needs and your preferences.
LegenDay Technical Capabilities
The liquid silicone rubber molding is the common technique used to produce pliable, robust, high-quality, and high-precision parts in large numbers.
It is suitable for sanitary and medical products, child and mother care products, daily necessities, etc. that require a high level of safety, hygiene, and environmental protection.
Silicone compression molding is one of the oldest techniques that is still used to mold rubber and silicone parts, such as silicone dog tags. They are in:
- Pet Supplies
- Baby & Toys
- Health & Beauty Care
Epoxy molding or co-injection dripping molding uses two types of silicone materials such as liquid silicone rubber and solid silicone rubber. Then, these materials are combined into one product stream. The colors can be adjusted based on the customer’s requirements. This technique is suitable for:
- Industries and Applications
- Promotional Products
- Pet Supplies