Professional Custom Solid Silicone Sheet
A solid silicone sheet is a flat, flexible, and durable material with a smooth surface finish on both sides made from silicone rubber in its solid form. Silicone rubber is a synthetic elastomer known for its excellent temperature resistance, flexibility, and various beneficial properties. Solid silicone sheets are manufactured by curing silicone rubber into a sheet form, creating a versatile material with a wide range of applications. It often provides thermal and mechanical protection to electronic devices. We also supply a wide range of hardness, thickness ranging from 0.3to25mm, backing as well as color options of solid silicone sheet to satisfy your specific needs.
How can solid silicone sheets become popular?
The reasons for solid silicone sheets becoming popular are their unique capability to resist extreme temperatures, ranging from 100°F to +400°F, excellent low-temperature flexibility, superior chemical and tear resistance, and ease of fabrication. Furthermore, due to their resistance to the deteriorating effects of sunlight, moisture, radiation, and oxidation at elevated temperatures, solid silicone sheets have a long service life. What’s more, our solid silicone sheet is non-corrosive, odorless, tasteless, and non-toxic, containing no acid-producing chemicals.
Applications of solid silicone sheets
Solid silicone sheet, also known as silicone rubber sheet, is a versatile material known for its excellent resistance to high and low temperatures, UV radiation, and various chemicals. Here are some common applications of solid silicone sheets:
- Gaskets and Seals: Solid silicone sheets are often used to create gaskets and seals in various industries, including automotive, aerospace, and manufacturing. They offer an efficient shield against humidity, particulates, and other impurities.
- Medical Devices: Silicone rubber sheets are biocompatible, making them suitable for medical applications such as medical tubing, prosthetics, and medical-grade seals and gaskets.
- Food and Beverage: Due to their non-toxic and food-safe properties, silicone sheets are used in food processing and packaging. They are often used to make baking mats, gaskets for food containers, and seals for food processing equipment.
- Electrical Insulation: Solid silicone sheets exhibit exceptional electrical insulating properties, rendering them well-suited for application in the electrical and electronic sectors. They are used in the production of insulating gaskets, covers, and electrical enclosures.
- HVAC Systems: Silicone rubber sheets are used in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to create gaskets and seals for ducts, valves, and other components. They can withstand extreme temperature fluctuations.
- Automotive: Silicone sheets are used in automotive applications for gaskets, seals, and vibration dampeners. They can withstand exposure to engine fluids, oils, and high-temperature environments.
- Industrial Machinery: Solid silicone sheets can be used as vibration dampening pads or anti-slip mats in industrial machinery to reduce noise and protect equipment from damage.
- Solar Panels: Silicone rubber sheets are used as encapsulation materials for solar panels, providing protection against environmental factors like moisture and UV radiation.
- Construction and Architecture: Silicone sheets are employed in construction as weatherstripping for doors and windows. They help maintain energy efficiency by preventing drafts and moisture intrusion.
- Aerospace: In the aerospace industry, silicone rubber sheets are used in various applications, including seals for aircraft doors, windows, and access panels. Their capacity to endure extreme temperatures is valuable in aerospace settings.
- Art and Craft: Solid silicone sheets are popular in the crafting community for creating molds for resin casting and other craft projects. They are flexible and easy to work with.
- Seating and Cushions: Silicone sheets are used in cushioning and padding applications, such as for wheelchair cushions or stadium seating, due to their comfortable and durable nature.
- Oil and Gas: In the oil and gas industry, silicone sheets may be used for sealing and gasket applications in equipment exposed to harsh environmental conditions and chemicals.
- Sporting Goods: Silicone rubber sheets are used in the production of various sporting goods, including swim caps, goggles, and exercise mats, due to their flexibility, durability, and resistance to water.
- Aerospace and Aviation: Silicone sheets find use in aerospace applications, including as gaskets, seals, and insulators in aircraft components, due to their ability to withstand extreme conditions.
Solid silicone sheets come in various thicknesses, durometers (hardness levels), and grades, allowing them to be tailored to specific applications and requirements. Their versatility, durability, and resistance to environmental factors make them a valuable material in many industries.
|Durometer||Tensile Strength||Elongation Percent||Tear PSI||Hardness (Shore A)|
|60||PSI 600||300||80 Pound||60°|
Yes, silicone can exist in a solid form. Solid silicone, often referred to as silicone rubber or silicone elastomer, is a common and widely used material. It is created through a curing process of liquid silicone rubber, which transforms it from a liquid or gel-like substance into a solid state. Solid silicone exhibits flexibility, durability, and resistance to extreme temperatures, making it suitable for various applications, as mentioned in the previous